Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?
Hold on, before you do the naked revolution playing blackjack in your living room, its best to understand the basics of how to play online blackjack. The card game is also known as 21. Blackjack is both skill and chance, however avid players will tell you they can mitigate the chance with skill. The main aim is to create a hand with cards that are higher than the dealer, but without going over 21. If you hit 21 with two cards then it’s Blackjack and Jack Black will start the Naked revolution and you will be fucking smilin’!
Basics of online blackjack
There are many variations of this popular casino game, and each and every one of them has its own special rules. Nevertheless, the basic blackjack rules are common for all variations. Once you’ve grasped the basic rules, it will be much easier for you to learn the special rules for other blackjack games.
In a game of online blackjack, cards between 2 and 10 are worth their face value, while all face cards’ value is 10. An Ace is worth either 1 or 11, depending on the situation and which of the two would be most advantageous. A hand with an Ace counting as 11 is called a ‘soft’ hand, meaning that an ace and a 7 is called ‘soft 18’. A hand with an Ace counting as 1 is called a ‘hard’ hand.
A game of online blackjack
To kick start a game of online blackjack, you must first place your bets to receive your two cards face up. The dealer, in turn, receives his two cards with one card face up. In some variations of the game, the dealer receives the second card face down (known as a ‘hole card’) while in others the dealer does not get his second card until much later in the game.
If your two cards total to 21, you have ‘blackjack’ and automatically win. If the dealer also has a blackjack, then it is called a tie (or push).
Playing your hand
Unless you have a blackjack, then there are a few options for which you must opt for. First, you must examine the two cards in your hand and the dealer’s face-up card before making one of the following decisions:
- Hit: Ask for another card. You can ask for a hit until you decide to stand or else bust
- Stand: Decide that you take no additional cards. The dealer can then play this hand
- Double Down: Double the amount of your bet + an extra card + stand
- Split: If you have two cards of the same value, you can split them into two separate hands. The bet is the same as the original bet so essentially doubling your bet
- Surrender: You may surrender half your bet if you think you are likely to lose the hand
- Insurance: If the dealer’s up card is an Ace, you can take insurance, which is a bet that is half the value of your original bet. You are essentially wagering on the dealer getting a blackjack.
The dealer’s hand
- The dealer automatically wins if you bust or surrender
- He also wins if his total hand value is closest to 21
- If the dealer has a total of 16 or less, he must hit
- If the dealer has a total of 18 or more, then he must stand
- If the dealer has a hard 17, he must stand
- If the dealer has a soft 17, the dealer must hit
The winner takes it all
After both you and the dealer have played your hand, the winner of the game is automatically determined and declared based on the following factors:
- If you have a blackjack and the dealer does not, you win
- If you bust by going over 21, you lose
- If you stand without going over 21, yet the dealer busts, you win
- If neither you nor the dealer busts, the hand closest to 21, wins
- If you and the dealer have the same card value, neither wins or loses
Got it? Time to fucking play? Well click here we’ve got some hot tables for you set up! Don’t forget that blackjack is a fast paced game, so start with low stakes then increase once you feel comfortable. Hit Blackjack? Then Jack Black will start his Naked revolution with you! 😉 Click here to start your first game of Blackjack!